JBoss Forge 2.6.0.Final is now available!
The Forge Team is proud to announce that JBoss Forge 2.6.0.Final is now available! This is the best release so far.
What’s new and noteworthy?
- Component Upgrades: We’ve upgraded to Weld 2.2.1.Final, Aesh 0.54 and Roaster 2.4.0.Final. More stability and new features available out-of-the-box!
And that’s not all! Check out the issues below for more info.
Please let us know if you encounter any issues, or have any feedback on usability, at http://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE.
A huge thank you to the following contributors of this release. You are awesome:
- Try out Forge 2 in Eclipse via our Update Site
- Use Forge 2 in your CLI / Terminal by downloading and installing the Final release. You can learn how to run the downloaded installation via our docs.
Release Notes – 45 issues were resolved since the last release. Check out all the new stuff!
- [FORGE-1764] – Forge Eclipse does not seem to be properly syncing with the workspace selection
- [FORGE-1775] – Maven project nesting fails if parent project inherits its version information from a parent
- [FORGE-1781] – UI Commands with unparameterized @Injected UIInput fields cause all commands to fail
- [FORGE-1782] – Errors reported on the CLI when failures occur do not log or show enough information to determine a root cause
- [FORGE-1786] – Generated index.html is broken in 2.5.1-SNAPSHOT
- [FORGE-1794] – addon-git-install fails to checkout a remote branch
- [FORGE-1796] – JTA facets should not be necessary for activating EJB facets.
- [FORGE-1803] – Created EJB goes into the view package
- [FORGE-1835] – BootstrapClassLoader should use temporary dir to unpack furnace JARs
- [FORGE-1847] – UIContext.getSelection() always return null
- [FORGE-1851] – scaffold-generate requires a webRoot value to be provided for additional parameters to be displayed.
- [FORGE-1276] – Upgrade Furnace-CDI to Weld 2.2.0
- [FORGE-1789] – Upgrade to Roaster 2.4.0.Final
- [FORGE-1791] – Upgrade to Aesh 0.54
- [FORGE-1831] – javaee addon should depend on JavaEE 7 JARs
- [FORGE-1487] – Columns do not line up on certain CLI outputs
- [FORGE-1546] – Generate inputTextarea instead of inputText
- [FORGE-1716] – Specify package, in addition to class name, for generating JSF scaffolds
- [FORGE-1717] – Comments in script file
- [FORGE-1780] – "Addon: New UI Command" should default commandName based on type name camelcase
- [FORGE-1785] – Explicitly setup in scaffolding, not in Bean Validation nor in JPA
- [FORGE-1812] – Rename command faces-project-stage to faces-set-project-stage
- [FORGE-1814] – UISelectOne and UISelectMany's getValueChoices() should never return null
- [FORGE-1815] – UISelectMany and UIInputMany getValue() should never return null
- [FORGE-1823] – Furnace addon-manager should include optional non-addon dependencies as if they were not optional
- [FORGE-1824] – IMPL modules of all addons should be marked as optional to prevent transitive compilation
- [FORGE-1326] – Furnace proxies should attempt to honor Thread interrupted state.
- [FORGE-1743] – Rename addon-git-install command to addon-install-from-git
- [FORGE-1749] – Create command to generate getters and setters for a given Java source file
- [FORGE-1750] – Create command to generate getters and setters for a given Java source file using the builder pattern
- [FORGE-1773] – EJB creation should optionally setup EJB and/or JMS Maven dependencies
- [FORGE-1793] – Commands faces-new-validator and faces-new-converter do not work with faces-setup
- [FORGE-1795] – UITestHarness usage of UIPrompt should be configurable
- [FORGE-1798] – Create a SubSet annotation to allow injection of configuration subsets
- [FORGE-1167] – Port the Java EE Forge 1 commands to Forge 2
- [FORGE-1783] – Create an interface (eg. GitConstants) and add the constants there
- [FORGE-1826] – Review all custom Exception types and ensure that they require a String message in all public constructors
- [FORGE-1445] – ls command on an entity is not as clear
- [FORGE-1451] – Cannot scaffold REST endpoints using a * target
- [FORGE-1453] – Cannot scaffold JSF pages using a * target
- [FORGE-1595] – Being able to create an empty JSF backing bean
- [FORGE-1629] – Being able to add comments to a script
- [FORGE-1671] – Add nested annotation to a constraint annotation
- [FORGE-1742] – When having a build command in a script, it times out
- [FORGE-1784] – When having a scaffold-generate command in a script, it times out