JBoss Forge 2.5.0.Final is now available!
The Forge Team is proud to announce that JBoss Forge 2.5.0.Final is now available! This is the best release so far.
What’s new and noteworthy?
- Performance: We have introduced more performance enhancements in the Furnace runtime, so the shell and other features should feel quite a bit snappier. Try it out and tell us your thoughts!
- Templates addon refactoring: We refactored the templates addon with a cleaner and leaner API, check it out!
- Component Upgrades: We’ve upgraded to Weld 2.0.5.Final, Aesh 0.53 and Roaster 2.3.0.Final. More stability and new features available out-of-the-box!
And that’s not all! Check out the issues below for more info.
Please let us know if you encounter any issues, or have any feedback on usability, at http://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE.
A huge thank you to the following contributors of this release. You are awesome:
- Matej Briskar
- FORGE-1603: AbstractJavaSourceCommand should have an overwrite flag
- FORGE-1755: NewFurnaceTestCommand should add test dependencies to POM file as ‘test’ scope, and avoid putting addon versions in the test case itself
- Ivan St. Ivanov
- Add a SetVersionCommand for the Java Compiled Projects
- FORGE-1746 Make sure that scaffolded ManyToOne relationships without one part do not throw NullPointerException upon rendering
- Robert Balent
- FORGE-1450 – Forge will correctly create enum attribute on entity.
- Adam Wyłuda
- Fix ProjectFactoryImpl.findProject() bug
- Try out Forge 2 in Eclipse via our Update Site
- Use Forge 2 in your CLI / Terminal by downloading and installing the Final release. You can learn how to run the downloaded installation via our docs.
Release Notes – 23 issues were resolved since the last release. Check out all the new stuff!
- [FORGE-1738] – addon-git-install fails to install projects from git if the project is not available in any configured maven repository
- [FORGE-1745] – Cannot handle Freemaker templates from a main
- [FORGE-1746] – NullPointerException when running scaffolded app in Wildfly
- [FORGE-1748] – Furnace CLAC Whitelist throws NPE if accessed after removing an addon
- [FORGE-1754] – Configuration subsets are not writable
- [FORGE-1769] – API version is not being set in the addon registry file when an addon is installed
- [FORGE-1759] – Upgrade Furnace-CDI to Weld 2.0.5.Final
- [FORGE-1765] – Upgrade to Roaster 2.3.0.Final
- [FORGE-1766] – Upgrade to Aesh 0.53
- [FORGE-1015] – Java source/target versions should be configurable in JavaCompilerFacet
- [FORGE-1729] – Test harness should set the Configuration directory to use the test temp dir by default
- [FORGE-1752] – JavaEE dependencies from facets are not in the provided scope
- [FORGE-1755] – NewFurnaceTestCommand should add test dependencies to POM file as 'test' scope, and avoid putting addon versions in the test case itself
- [FORGE-1767] – Addon: new command improvements
- [FORGE-1603] – AbstractJavaSourceCommand should have an overwrite flag
- [FORGE-1753] – Support InputTypes.TEXTAREA rendering in Eclipse
- [FORGE-1756] – Furnace.startAsync() should return a Future that can be used to block until the container has started.
- [FORGE-1760] – CDI Commands do not follow naming guidelines for GUI
- [FORGE-1761] – Allow @WithAttributes to configure the command line parameter name for a UICommand
- [FORGE-1762] – Generated REST resources reference a 'Customer' class
- [FORGE-1763] – Support setup of WebSockets dependencies
- [FORGE-1768] – Create "Addon: New Annotated UI Command" command
- [FORGE-1450] – Cannot create an enum attribute on an Entity