JBoss Forge 2.3.0.Final is now available!
The Forge Team is proud to announce that JBoss Forge 2.3.0.Final is now available! This is the best release so far.
What’s new and noteworthy?
- Highlight your files: The
catcommand now supports a -c (or —color if you like to type more) to colorize a file.
- Meet Roaster: Roaster, the java-parser 2.0 is now available as a dependency of the java-parser addon. Roaster is a complete refactoring of java-parser, foreseeing parsing of binary classes. It also provides javabean-like properties manipulation (creation of getters/setters). Due to backward compatibility, java-parser is still present, and should be discontinued in future versions.
And much more! Check the issues below for more info.
Please let us know if you encounter any issues, or have any feedback on usability, at http://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE.
- Try out Forge 2 in Eclipse via our Update Site
- Use Forge 2 in your CLI / Terminal by downloading and installing the Final release. You can learn how to run the downloaded installation via our docs.
Release Notes – 12 issues were resolved since the last release. Check out all the new stuff!
- [FORGE-1675] – ClassNotFoundException for the class javax.rmi.CORBA.Tie
- [FORGE-1677] – ForgeTestMethodExecutor does not handle AssumptionViolatedException
- [FORGE-1678] – Shell displays all command names (even the disabled ones) when <TAB> is pressed
- [FORGE-1679] – WatchService on Windows fires ResourceModified events when file.delete() is invoked
- [FORGE-1686] – Not setting up a provider in JPA doesn't add properties in persistence.xml
- [FORGE-1687] – Create and View pages have a wrong Bean name
- [FORGE-1689] – Multiple scaffold providers cannot be installed and used
- [FORGE-1690] – Scaffold generate command does not allow changing of the provider type
- [FORGE-1327] – Add Roaster (formerly known as java-parser 2.0) to parser-java addon
- [FORGE-1676] – Expose FreemarkerTemplate to addons
- [FORGE-1646] – Add convenience API for syntax coloring in shell
- [FORGE-1688] – TemplateFacet should be moved to templates addon