JBoss Forge 2.0.0.CR1 is now available!
New year, new releases. The Forge Team proudly presents the release of JBoss Forge 2.0.0.CR1.
We are very close to releasing the Final version of Forge 2; however, given some Windows issues in the Shell addon, we decided to postpone 2.0.0.Final after they can be resolved.
Starting today, prepare to take over your IDE in a way like you’ve never seen before!
In this version, we believe we have reached a stable API in both Furnace and the Forge UI Addon. Future versions should suffer from little to no changes to the API, so we are releasing 2.0.0.CR1 today.
You should be able to develop Addons with confidence, and run them in Eclipse using the Forge 2 Eclipse plugin. The CLI should also work well, but you may notice a hiccup here or there. Once the remaining issues with the CLI are resolved, you should be able to expect a shiny, well formed, Final release.
- Try out Forge 2 in Eclipse via our Update Site
- Use Forge 2 in your CLI / Terminal by downloading and installing the CR1 release. You can learn how to run the downloaded installation via our docs.
Release Notes – 40 issues were resolved in this release. Check out all the new stuff!
- [FORGE-1254] – calling setStatic(true) on a static method add keyword "static" twice
- [FORGE-1312] – UICommand.execute is executed out of sequence when a list of commands or wizards are to be executed
- [FORGE-1365] – RmCommand does not warn or inform the user when it can not delete a folder
- [FORGE-1382] – MavenPluginFacet does not get plugin dependencies
- [FORGE-1383] – ConfigurationElementImpl searches by content in hasChildByName(String, boolean)
- [FORGE-1414] – CommandExecutionListeners are not called when native Aesh Commands are run
- [FORGE-1425] – Shell issues on Windows
- [FORGE-1428] – ManProviderTest tests are failing with timeout
- [FORGE-1431] – Only first argument is passed to commands that accept argument lists.
- [FORGE-1117] – Display a warning message when Forge boots up without any addons
- [FORGE-1379] – Scaffold module should be part of the core
- [FORGE-1409] – Expose UIContext's Attributes as a Map
- [FORGE-1412] – ForgeManProvider should consume the UICommandMetadata.getDocLocation() method
- [FORGE-1426] – Introduce a simpler programming model for UI commands
- [FORGE-1242] – Improve default layout of components on wizard pages
- [FORGE-1366] – Support prompt-like interaction
- [FORGE-1380] – Introduce a ValueChangeListener for InputComponents
- [FORGE-1407] – Shell is missing options in wizards where default values allow immediately moving to next step
- [FORGE-1417] – Piping a forge command to another command succeeds then fails
- [FORGE-1418] – Once a man page has been displayed, no other man pages may be displayed (It gets stuck)
- [FORGE-1420] – Create a UICommand to create test classes
- [FORGE-1299] – command-list missing
- [FORGE-1333] – Forge "man" pages are missing for most UI Commands
- [FORGE-1367] – Support Prompt-like interaction in Shell
- [FORGE-1369] – Support prompt-like interaction in Eclipse
- [FORGE-1388] – set command missing
- [FORGE-1389] – rm doesn't remove a none empty directory
- [FORGE-1390] – Cannot set the —finalName on a new project
- [FORGE-1393] – constraint commands are missing
- [FORGE-1394] – Rename bean-validation-setup command
- [FORGE-1395] – Rename register-as-serviceloader-service command
- [FORGE-1397] – How to create a jpa-new-field of type Date ?
- [FORGE-1400] – java command is missing
- [FORGE-1411] – Rename jax-ws-setup to soap-setup
- [FORGE-1416] – How to know which addons are installed and available ?
- [FORGE-1430] – Prompt colors are a little borked on Windows 7
- [FORGE-1434] – version command is missing
- [FORGE-1435] – about command is missing
- [FORGE-1438] – new-project —finalName is missing
- [FORGE-1441] – new-project —createMain is missing