JBoss Forge 1.4.0.Final is now available!
After month of hard work, we are pleased to announce that JBoss Forge 1.4.0.Final is now available – with a metric ton of new features and bug-fixes. Check out what’s new and noteworthy in this lovely release!
- Improved Microsoft Windows experience – The Windows experience just got better. Now the file paths are corrected to backward-slash ‘\’ in Windows.
- DTO generation in the REST plugin (tech preview) – REST resource generation just got better. Some of you prefer generating DTOs for your REST resources instead of using JPA entities. This is now possible; the DTOs generated by the REST plugin avoid common issues associated with cyclic and bidirectional relationships. This feature will be enhanced in future releases to support various generation strategies.
- The answer to life, the universe and everything – Guess how many issues were resolved? That’s right! 42! Check the full list below.
Forge 2.0 is just around the corner.
In addition to the vast improvements in Forge 1.4.0, we have been working tirelessly to prepare Forge 2.0, which offers a whole new world of possibilities. Including modular addons (plugins), a completely re-designed plugin system, a faster (2-3s) bootup time – a 5x improvement – and more. To get a preview of what’s to come, check out the Forge 2 branch in our GitHub repository. We expect to have this in your hands by November, and we’ll be launching a re-designed website to make using, learning, and extending Forge easier than ever.
- [FORGE-44] – Usage: dark blue on black background?
- [FORGE-93] – AbstractResource.getFullyQualifiedName() returns wrong file path on Windows
- [FORGE-554] – Tab AutoCompletion in forge ignores already typed options
- [FORGE-687] – PromptType.JAVA_PACKAGE should support default package
- [FORGE-791] – Forge auto complete in windows doesn't display command until after I forge again
- [FORGE-873] – Scaffold doesn't shows the correct referenced entities in edit views, while in details views shows something like "org.forgetest.model.Entity@5f9ba38e"
- [FORGE-918] – Forge Java parser interprets Type x fields as Type
- [FORGE-942] – CommandHistory / Doskey display is not working in Windows.
- [FORGE-1012] – Forge occassionally requires an additional keystroke to be terminated
- [FORGE-1013] – Java resource path is hard-coded to src/main/resources
- [FORGE-1014] – Web Root directory is hard-coded to src/main/webapp
- [FORGE-1024] – The generated scaffold may fail to compile when array-typed fields are present in the JPA entities
- [FORGE-1026] – JavaParser fails to identify types of ArrayType in method return types
- [FORGE-1066] – Integer entity field generates NPE in getSearchPredicates
- [FORGE-1073] – REST plugin does not parse the application path correctly from an existing project
- [FORGE-1074] – REST plugin fails to generate resources for entities lacking a setter for the @Id field
- [FORGE-1080] – REST plugin setup adds duplicate configuration entries instead of replacing them
- [FORGE-1082] – Implementation of JavaEnum#addEnumConstant() does not properly add the generated element
- [FORGE-1083] – Faces scaffold is activated even though it was not setup
- [FORGE-1084] – REST resources generated by the REST plugin contains duplicate values in resource representations
- [FORGE-1086] – JavaParser fails to identify types of ArrayType in field types
- [FORGE-1096] – JavaParser fails to save a newly added constructor when Java 1.5+ features are used in the body
- [FORGE-1097] – Forge Java parser fails to distinguish between several fields in a FieldDeclaration
- [FORGE-1098] – Scaffold setup command does not setup the chosen scaffold
- [FORGE-1100] – Project-scoped Configuration object is not accessible in isInstall() method.
- [FORGE-1101] – REST facet should be activated when either RestWebXmlFacet or RestApplicationFacet is active
- [FORGE-1104] – REST plugin stores the path of the Activator class instead of the classname in the project config
- [FORGE-1112] – Support paths with spaces
- [FORGE-1119] – HeadlessException with OpenPlugin
- [FORGE-1027] – Update the Forge Java Parser
- [FORGE-1017] – A valid package name should be computed as default when prompting for a replacement in a JAVA_PACKAGE prompt
- [FORGE-1060] – REST plugin should support creation of DTOs for the underlying JPA entities of REST resources
- [FORGE-1081] – REST plugin should create the REST resources in the same package as the @ApplicationPath annotated class
- [FORGE-1085] – Support ordering of elements in collections in responses for GET collection reqeusts
- [FORGE-1089] – EnumConstant interface should extend AnnotationTarget
- [FORGE-1090] – EnumConstant should support constructor arguments
- [FORGE-1091] – EnumConstant should support anonymous subclass body
- [FORGE-1103] – Upgrade the REST plugin to use the ConfigurationFactory API
- [FORGE-1108] – Add support in the Scaffold-X Forge Inspector for scanning @Embeddable and @Embedded types
- [FORGE-1125] – Images path in forge-style.css is missing the contextPath
- [FORGE-919] – Document how to configure your own plugin repository
- [FORGE-1076] – REST plugin should detect conflicting top-level paths
p. Grab it while is hot and amaze everyone with this new version!
Happy Forging and we welcome your feedback!
-The Forge Team