It is with great pleasure that I announce that JBoss Forge 1.1.0.Final has just been released !
This version is loaded with new features (That’s why we decided to change the minor version – :) ). Check out the Full Release Notes or, if you just want to catch up with what’s new, keep reading :
- SNAPSHOTS ? No siree !! – Now Forge won’t prompt for SNAPSHOT dependencies when you need to choose a dependency.
- Forge Update – Yes!!! Now you can update your Forge installation by simply typing
Forge will automatically detect the latest version and prompt you for update;
- Metamodel Generation – When you run
persistence setup, you will now be asked to install a JPA 2 metamodel generator BASED ON YOUR PERSISTENCE PROVIDER !! :)
Many thanks to Thomas Hug for making this happen;
- Class attributes in the right place – When you create a new field, the newly created attribute will be placed near to the others, and no longer in the end of the class;
- Improvements to the “Did you mean ?” feature – If you typed something wrong, Forge will suggest you which command may be similar to what you were looking for.
Now supporting aliased commands;
- Plugins Diff – Now when you install a plugin, Forge will show you the newly available commands, as well the removed commands when you uninstall;
- open http://www.sesame.com (or cat) – Now you can open any URL inside Forge using
You can also
cat http://forge.jboss.orgas well;
- Colossal changes to our most beloved plugins ever !!!
- Hibernate-Tools: Now you can count on a database reverse engineering plugin that supports oracle databases in addition to the plethora of others already included;
- AS7 : This little piece of love will download, install, start, stop, deploy, undeploy, execute CLI commands ALL-IN-ONE ! YOU CAN’T AFFORD TO MISS IT !
and much more …
- Thomas Hug – for getting the JPA 2 metamodel generator done
- Ivan ‘The Enforcer’ St. Ivanov – for correctly configuring the maven enforcer plugin and making us relieved while building the sources;
- And many more – for their ideas and help over the past few months.
Also many thanks to everyone who attended the Forge Hack Night. We couldn’t have done it without your help !
So what are you waiting for ? Grab it while is hot and amaze everyone while using this great tool !
Good luck and we welcome your feedback!
-The Forge Team