JBoss Forge 2.2.0.Final is now available!
The Forge Team is proud to announce that JBoss Forge 2.2.0.Final is now available! This is the best release so far.
What’s new and noteworthy?
- The Prompts are back in town: Required options are now prompted for you if you forgot to fill in a value.
- BOM BOM BOM: Forge 2 now provides a forge-bom module for usage with other addons.
- Commands, Commands everywhere: New commands were introduced: project-has-dependencies, addon-setup-dependencies, constraint-new-annotation, constraint-new-group.
- JSON Addon: Forge 2 addons now support parsing of JSON data using the JSR 353 – Java API for JSON Processing
- Changes to the Scaffolding provider APIs and SPIs: Scaffolding providers now have control over the content of the dialogs required by them. Dialogs to setup Forge Facets can now be aggregated into a single dialog by the providers.
And much more! Check the issues below for more info.
Please let us know if you encounter any issues, or have any feedback on usability, at http://issues.jboss.org/browse/FORGE.
- Try out Forge 2 in Eclipse via our Update Site
- Use Forge 2 in your CLI / Terminal by downloading and installing the Final release. You can learn how to run the downloaded installation via our docs.
Release Notes – 28 issues were resolved since the last release. Check out all the new stuff!
- [FORGE-1623] – Could not register resource monitor with track-changes
- [FORGE-1636] – RmCommand same label for force and recousive
- [FORGE-1637] – UIInput.hasDefaultValue() returns true if defaultValue is explicitly set to null
- [FORGE-1661] – project-add-dependency ignore new scope
- [FORGE-1662] – addon-build-and-install ignores —projectRoot argument
- [FORGE-1672] – Creating a nested "Forge Addon" project can break parent POM <modules> definition
- [FORGE-1611] – Update to jboss-parent 14
- [FORGE-1632] – Deprecate createResource methods in facets
- [FORGE-1633] – Refactor the Resources API to support writeable Resources
- [FORGE-1666] – Add BOM to new addon projects
- [FORGE-1461] – "project-new" command fails while a ResourceTransaction is active
- [FORGE-1566] – Create a command to setup addon dependencies
- [FORGE-1613] – FileWatcher should handle missing folders after deleting a project root directory.
- [FORGE-1624] – Create JPASetupWizard interface so JPA setup can be invoked from other plugins
- [FORGE-1625] – Prevent UIWizards from being merged into dialogs
- [FORGE-1628] – Support a facet for templates that are provided by the project
- [FORGE-1635] – Shouldn't these commands be isProjectRequired() return true
- [FORGE-1651] – Introduce a parser-json addon
- [FORGE-1660] – Add project-has(-managed)-dependencies command
- [FORGE-1665] – Create a BOM project located at forge/core/bom
- [FORGE-1668] – Prompt for input of required unpopulated inputs
- [FORGE-1673] – javax.sound.* classes cannot be resolved using ServiceLoader
- [FORGE-1616] – Command constraint-new-annotation to create a new constraint
- [FORGE-1619] – Command constraint-new-group to create a new group
- [FORGE-1631] – The output is out of sync and duplicated
- [FORGE-1655] – parser-xml should use the simple container instead of CDI
- [FORGE-1657] – Migrate facets addon to simple container
- [FORGE-1658] – Migrate environment addon to simple container